Monday 27 February 2012

Week 8 – Reading Week part2, and back to school :(

           The past week has been fun, as I spent the last few days of my reading week enjoying different games on my PS Vita. It is also time to go back to Oshawa for more school again, as my reading week has ended. For this week’s blog, I will talk about more PS Vita games, since I have been playing several different games over the break. 



            The first game that I will talk about for this week’s blog will be Gravity Rush. This is a highly anticipated game, and one that I simply cannot wait for. I have recently played and finished a demo version of the game, and I must say, it was an amazing game, and goes beyond all my expectations. In Gravity Rush, the player controls a young girl named Kat, who seems to have a very unique and strange pet cat, with the ability to control gravity whenever the player wants to. The player is able ‘turn off’ gravity for with the pressing of a single button, and you are able to also change the direction of gravity afterwards. The player can also glide and kick towards any direction of their choosing, while in zero gravity mode. The enemy monsters are quite standard as with most games, but the player has many more choices to defeat the enemy. The player can either choose to attack the enemy head on while on foot, or you can choose to strike from the air, through the use of the zero gravity function. All in the all, I am really excited for this game, and I enjoy the different aspects of controlling gravity in this game.


            Another game that I played was Table Soccer, which is a free game that you can download from the PS Store, and involves the use of AR cards, which are included with the PS Vita. The game itself looked very promising, as I enjoyed playing actual table soccer back when I had one. When I actually started playing the game, it was very difficult to set up, as the AR cards had to be placed very carefully, and you have to take into consideration the lighting as well. After spending a good hour or so setting up the game, I finally got started with the basics of passing the ball around and shooting the ball. I then got to one part where I had to lob the ball over an opposing player to pass it to my teammate, but the game wouldn’t let me to it. After nearly 50 attempted lobs, I had given up and went to go play a different game. Overall, this game looked promising and fun to play, but was actually very “glitch” and did not entertain me as much as it made my frustrated.

            That’s all for this week, stay tuned for more blogs :)

Websites used:

No comments:

Post a Comment