Thursday 23 February 2012

Week 7 – “Reading” Week…


            This week has been fairly fun for me, as there were no classes due to the reading week, so I pretty much played with my PS Vita that I just got from the mail last week. For this week’s blog, I will be talking about two games, Dynasty Warriors Next for the PS Vita, and a continuation of a discussion of the game Final Fantasy XIII-2.  



            I have just bought the game Dynasty Warriors Next today, and have been playing it for several hours. The game puts the player in the shoes of a warrior from the era of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and involves a lot of “hacking and slashing” dozens, if not hundreds of enemy soldiers. It is a very interesting game on the PS Vita, since you can use the touch screen functions to perform certain actions, such as using your ultimate ability. You can also swipe across on the touch screen to fight certain bosses, however, I find this fight to be very confusing and I ended up dying a lot during that fight. The game started out being pretty interesting; however, it got a bit redundant as you are told to continuously attack and capture enemy bases during each mission, and your goal is to conquer enemy territories until you control all of China. I like the concept and story of the game, but the gameplay does not live up to those expectations, since it is very much like every other ‘hack and slash’ game. Overall, I believe this game appears to be fun when you first play the game, but it gets a bit boring after you play it for quite some time. 


            Continuing on from my last discussion about the game Final Fantasy XIII-2, the game still manages to keep me interested even after nearly 55 hours of gameplay. I had beaten the game a few weeks ago, and I must say, it has been a very interesting story, and was full of twists and turns along the way. The gameplay is pretty much the same, involving the player controlling two human characters, with the third character slot reserved for a monster that you can capture from monsters you battle. Another unique aspect in this game are the paradox puzzles that must be solved in order to proceed along with the story and to get fragments (which have benefits, as some fragments can provide extra skills for your characters, or to count towards trophies). I would definitely recommend this game to people already accustomed with the Final Fantasy series, as well as the gamers who are interested in games with the same genre. 

            That’s all for this week, stay tuned for more updates!

 Websites used (in order):
http://www.thetechlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sony-playstation-vita.jpg
http://www.gstylemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/d6.jpg
http://kokugamer.com/wp-content/upload/2012/01/Final_Fantasy_XIII-2_1-587x330.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment