Tuesday 4 December 2012

Week 13 – Final week of class, GDW presentations!



                For this week, my group and I have been working very hard on getting all our GDW requirements ready for presentations today. I still haven’t slept since Sunday night, so I’ve been very tired for the most part of the day. We managed to finish the entire GDW portion in time, and I feel that we should be getting higher marks this time, as our game is pretty complete with all requirements met.
Zombies leaning against a wall

                I have added several zombie models into the second last room, due to the fact that my group couldn’t get skeletal animation working, so we had to put the zombies in as corpses. A slight problem was that the pivot point of the model wasn’t in the same position of the node, so there was plenty of trial and error in order to get it working properly. In the end, I put in 9 zombies, 3 of which are laying down in the second last room, and 6 of which are leaning against the wall in the hallway leading to the final door. I also fixed the final door in the grand room that leads to the exit, which requires the player to have all 4 weapons in the game, 2 swords and 2 hammers. After tweaking around with that code, the player can now collect all 4 weapons to open that door properly. Our programmers also worked on this, in order to ensure that the code works for the player to pick up each of the 4 weapons, as well as for the HUD art to appear in the player inventory section of the screen after picking up a weapon. The weapons will also ‘teleport’ to the corresponding knight statue after being picked up by the player. 

Dead zombies
                That’s all for this week, and this is the last blog of the year for Game Design & Production II! Thanks for reading through all my blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment